Sat, Jun 24|
ONE Center (in-person)
Summer Solstice Retreat
Come play in the sun at The ONE Center!
Time & Location
Jun 24, 2023, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
ONE Center (in-person), 7400 Gallagher Cove Rd NW, Olympia, WA 98502
About the event
You are invited to a day of PLAY, WONDER, and REJUVENATION!
Summer Solstice invites us to pause and notice all the ways sunlight impacts our minds, bodies, and hearts.
Starting with a forest therapy walk, also referred to as Shinrin-Yoku and Forest Bathing, slow down and arrive more fully on the beautiful land of ONE. Connect with nature through simple sensory activities. Inspired by the sun's nourishment of all life on earth, a slow, guided walk in nature will help us relax and experience the joy and wonder of being alive. Feel grounded, connected to yourself, each other, the sun, and the more than human world too... imagine all the beautiful beings you might meet on a walk in the woods next to the Salish Sea!
Following a long lunch break, we will cozy up inside for a sound healing. Allow the ethereal sounds of Joy’s alchemy crystal singing bowls to carry you into a practice of rejuvenating rest. Through gently guided breathwork, Joy will help you reconnect with your heart, giving special attention to the heart chakra of each person. We will also focus on connecting to the nourishing energy of the sun. Sounds from singing bowls help the mind to settle, support the brain entering a peaceful theta state (or pre-sleep), offer healing to our chakras, and engage the parasympathetic nervous system to let the body access the full benefits of rest.
A peace filled mind and joy filled heart await you after this Summer Solstice Retreat.
- Space is limited to 15 people.
- Registration fee is nonrefundable due to limited space.
WHAT TO KNOW / BRING
- Boots or sturdy walking shoes are essential.
- Like most nature trails, the ground is uneven and can be slick in some places. Feel free to bring your walking stick if you'd like. If you have any mobility issues please let us know beforehand so we can plan accordingly.
- Forest Therapy invites us to befriend all kinds of weather. The retreat will happen rain or shine. If it looks like a rainy day please bring waterproof gear. Sit pads provided and chairs at various locations throughout the forest.
- Pack yourself a delicious, nourishing lunch for the day. You can keep it in the refrigerator and if needed, heat it up in the microwave. Plates/bowls, cutlery, napkins are provided here at ONE.
- Think green and bring your travel mug/water bottle. Tea and cocoa will be available throughout the day.
- Feel free to bring a change of clothes, warm cozy socks, a yoga mat, pillow, blanket and anything else you need to create a cozy cocoon for yourself for the sound healing. Chairs will also be available.
- Masks are optional. Do what feels safe and right for you.
- Research studies show forest therapy enhances our physical, emotional, and mental wellness. The medicine we receive in the forest, on the land and by the water helps us feel better and helps us heal. This is why Brenda and Joy became Certified Forest Therapy Guides through the Association of Nature and Forest Therapy (ANFT). Learn more about forest therapy by watching a short video about ONE, The Healing Power of Place.
- Joy Evans, MSW (she/her) combines trauma-healing modalities with sound healing and forest therapy to lead people out of the perpetual stress response to reconnect with the details of the senses and return to clarity, centered self, and calm. Experience Sound Healing Rooted in Nature in this video. Learn more about the benefits of sound healing.
Retreat RegistrationFrom $139.00 to $159.00Sold Out
- $159.00+$3.98 service fee
- $149.00+$3.73 service fee
- $139.00+$3.48 service fee
Waitlist - NOT a ticket
Enter your info here to be added to our waitlist.$0.00