Wed, Jun 07|
ONE Center (Zoom + in-person)
Community Sound Healing with Joy
Join us for our monthly community sound healing at The ONE Center!
Time & Location
Jun 07, 2023, 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM PDT
ONE Center (Zoom + in-person), 7400 Gallagher Cove Rd NW, Olympia, WA 98502
About the event
Using guided breathwork and nature imagery along with the sounds of singing bowls this calming soundscape invites you to connect with your physical senses, gently tune into self-compassion, and practice restorative rest.
The sounds from alchemy quartz crystal singing bowls can be impactful physically on the mind/body and support the brain entering a theta (or pre-sleep) state, allowing the mind to settle, the parasympathetic nervous system to engage, and the body to access all the benefits of rest. Trauma-informed offering spaciousness for reflection and integration, this community practice invites you to notice how you hold stress and trauma in your body. For those who have been directly or indirectly impacted by trauma, this is an opportunity to allow your nervous system to take a break from constant hyper-vigilance.
For providers who support folks, it’s an opportunity to practice vicarious trauma release and resilience. You can learn more about some of the common negative reactions to vicarious trauma, and consider the benefits of sound healing.
Why practice sound healing?
- receive support for your healing journey
- quiet the mind
- reconnect with your physical body
- practice noticing your feelings first
- check-in on your heart
- experience mind/body/spirit integration
- restore your nervous system
- release trauma from the body
- align your energy centers/chakras
- similar to getting a good night of sleep
Joy Evans, MSW (she/her) combines trauma-healing modalities with sound and forest therapy to lead people out of the perpetual stress response, to reconnect with the details of the senses and return to clarity, centered self, and calm. Joy developed a deep commitment to restorative practices while overseeing the healing services, crisis response, and team of advocates for students, staff and faculty impacted by sexual violence/harassment, intimate partner violence, and stalking at the University of California, Berkeley. Joy welcomes folks from all backgrounds, especially LGBTQ+ and BIPOC to her in-person and virtual offerings.
Joy received an MSW from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor and self-designed her major in Cross-Cultural Perspectives on Gender at Vanderbilt University. She completed The Art of Sound Healing Level II certification through the Seattle Sound Temple, is a Certified Forest Therapy guide through the Association of Nature & Forest Therapy, and has studied with the School of Celtic Consciousness. Experience Joy's approach to Sound Healing Rooted in Nature in this video.
Please bring to The ONE Center:
- Yoga mat
- Blankets and anything you need to support your neck and lower back for the posture you want to relax into (sitting or lying down);
- Water bottle
Preparing to cozy up at home:
- feel free to Connect with Joy if you have any concerns or questions beforehand;
- note the strength of your wifi will impact the quality of the livestream of sound;
- use your best speakers (phone, computer, or headphones);
- dress comfortably --this workshop does not include movement;
- make sure you have plenty of support for your neck and lower back for whichever posture you want to relax into (sitting or lying down);
- have cozy layers or a blanket to stay warm;
- consider removing fur-babies from the room (cats may like the sounds but dogs have mixed reactions);
- water to drink at the end of the session.
No one turned away for lack of funds. Please contact us for sliding scale options.
Registraion closes 3 days before this event.
- Ticket type
Join us via ZoomPrice
+$0.88 service fee+$0.88 service fee